10 Things Every Mom Says
*Link to original post here
There are some things every mom says.
“Put on a hat or you’ll catch a cold”
“Your face will freeze that way”
How many times have you rolled your eyes when you heard some of the things your mom said to you as a child?
And admit it, you catch yourself saying the same things to your child today. I know I do. It’s almost automatic. Every time I do it I hear my mother’s voice and cringe. Especially when I fall back on everyone’s favourite, “You’ll understand when you have kids one day.” My only retort was, “Well I’m not having any kids!”
Lies. I now have two. And I’m sure they are doubly annoyed by my broken record of momisms.
Well now kids are taking to Twitter to commiserate with their peers about the annoying things their moms seem to have on repeat.
We’ve rounded up the 10 most common tweets using the hashtag: #thingseverymomsays. Some things never change.
1. Me: Mom I’m bored. Mom: Go clean your room. – @missshadyxx
2. As long as you live under my roof, you’ll live by my rules. – @its_austinnn
3. I brought you into this world & I can take you out. – @mixdgrlproblems
4. When you have kids, you’ll realize what I’m talking about. – @RealBryanGarcia
5. Don’t talk to me like that, I’m not one of your little friends. – @ItsRyanParker
6. I’ll Give You Something to Cry About. – @CarltonnBanks
7. Because I said so. – @iKeepItTooReal
8. If all your friends jumped off a bridge would you? – @CarltonnBanks
9. You eat what I cook or don’t eat at all. – @TonyTRoberts
10. If you go out there and break your leg don’t come running to me. @rmurray92